Catechists are living examples of faith in our community who share their time and talent to teach and inspire children, teens, and adults to build a relationship with Jesus. Catechesis is a work of love and peace and brings the light of Jesus Christ to hearts of the faithful. Join our team!
Catechesis comprises six fundamental tasks:
- Knowledge of the Faith
- Moral Formation in Jesus Christ
- Liturgical education and Understanding of Sacraments
- Teaching Christians how to pray
- Education for community life and full participation in the life and mission of the Church
- Promotes a missionary spirit that prepares the faithful to be present as Christians in society
Catechists should live an active sacramental life. If married, they need to be married in the Catholic Church.
*Counts as volunteer hours for school parents.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Contact Teresita Contreras, Faith Formation Director
650-344-7622 ext. 101 or email@example.com