Raised to New Life
We are born anew by Baptism…
Is there anything more wonderful than the birth of a baby? Your parish family shares this joy with you and delights in celebrating the fullness of your child's life in Baptism.
Baptism is the first sacrament of initiation. We are born anew as we strive to free ourselves from the bonds of original sin through the waters of Baptism. Whether you are looking to have your first baby baptized or you are celebrating a new addition to your growing family, St. Matthew offers a sacred and beautiful baptismal experience for you and your child.
“In Baptism, the Holy Spirit moves us to answer Christ's call to holiness. In Baptism, we are asked to walk by the light of Christ and to trust in his wisdom. We are invited to submit our hearts to Christ with ever deeper love.” ~from the United States Catholic Catechism for Adults
To schedule a Baptism or a pre-baptismal class, contact us at 650.344.7622.
We request the following as you prepare for baptism:
- Birth Certificate of Child
- Godparents must be Catholic in good standing and regularly attend Mass
- Parents and Godparents are required to take a Baptism class in order to have their child baptized
- Children 7 or older are required to attend a two year preparation course
- Non-parishioners are welcome with their Parish’s permission
- Donations are greatly appreciated. A recommended amount would be $75. Please speak to one of the priests if you have any questions. Donations can done in person at the Parish Office or on the day of class.
- Additional requirements may apply
Thank you for considering St. Matthew as home to your child’s first Sacrament.
To schedule please contact our Parish Office 650-344-7622 or e-mail our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at our Parish Office.
CHILDREN OVER THE AGE OF SEVEN…
If your child is over the age of seven we invite you to join or Faith Formation program. Children are required to do attend our faith formation preparation for a period of two years before receiving their Baptism. If this is your case please contact Teresita Contreras at 650.344.7622 ext. 101 or email@example.com.
Thank your for considering St. Matthew as home to your child’s first Sacrament.
Go to the people of all nations and make them my disciples. Baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
~ Matthew 28:19