Uniting as One
"The Sacrament of Marriage is a covenant, which is more than a contract. Covenant always expresses a relationship between persons. The marriage covenant refers to the relationship between the husband and wife, a permanent union of persons capable of knowing and loving each other and God. The celebration of marriage is also a liturgical act, appropriately held in a public liturgy at church. Catholics are urged to celebrate their marriage within the Eucharistic Liturgy.”
Congratulations! You’re engaged. We are so happy for you, as you prepare to enter the Sacrament of Marriage and embark on this great vocation of love and service. The priests of the parish look forward to meeting with you and helping at each step along the path to your wedding and married life. Additional opportunities for preparation include weekend retreats, one-day events, and online programs. These share the common goal of providing you with the knowledge, skills, and formation you need to have a happy, holy, lifelong marriage.
Our church is ideally located in the heart of the Peninsula and we would love to be a part of this blessed and special experience. Begin your planning at least 6 months prior to your desired wedding date. We look forward to hearing from you.
To begin this process you will need:
- For Catholics; Recent Baptism Certificate (issued within 6 months) and if applicable First Communion certificate and Confirmation certificate
- For a baptized non-Catholic Christian; Baptismal certificate whenever issued
- Picture of each (or together)
- Certificate of Civil Marriage (if you are married civilly)
- Donations are greatly appreciated. A recommended amount would be a suggested donation of $1050. Please speak to one of the priests if you have any questions.
- Additional requirements may apply
St. Matthew Wedding Times:
Saturday: 9am | 10:30am | 1:30pm | 3:00pm
For more information please contact:
650-344-7622 ext. 113
There are three things that last: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.
~ 1 Corinthians 13:13